A family affair

The history of the hotels begins at the end of the 19th century, with the Hourcade family lodging pilgrims in the rooms of the family home, Villa Florida.

As the number of pilgrims grew, the family built an addition in the garden, let out fifteen guest rooms, and turned the ground floor of the villa into a restaurant and shop selling objects of piety. The family moved into a house across the street, which also offered lodging for pilgrims and became the St Rémy.

In 1957, Villa Florida was replaced by Hotel Florida, which opened its doors for business at the 100th anniversary of the apparitions, in 1958.

In 1975, Mr and Mrs Abadie (née Hourcade) took over the hotel, carrying on the family tradition.

In 1990, following various renovation and expansion work at the Florida, the St Rémy was replaced by Hotel Acadia. The company acquired its latest hotel, the Mirasol, in 1995.  

Today, two generations are on hand to accommodate guests in a warm, family atmosphere. Time will tell if a fifth hotel is in store …